At Roxboro Heating and Air, as HVAC specialists, we know that it can get hot in North Carolina during the summer. So, we wanted to provide you with a few tips to help keep your home cool and your energy bill low:
- When you take a shower or bath, turn on the bathroom fan to remove the humidity from the air.
- If you have ceiling fans in your home, use them! They can help keep your home cool without having to turn your thermostat down.
- If you go on vacation during the summer, turn the temperature up on your thermostat.
- Make sure that you have efficient windows that are not letting any heat in or cool air out of your house. Also, repair any cracks in your home to prevent this same thing.
- Blinds and curtains can help to reduce the inside temperature of a home.
- During the day, use as little artificial lighting as possible.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your HVAC system.